The Best Home Made Chichen Stock
1root bulb of celery stalk, cut the bottom tip off and cut celery into chunks (look at picture of it)
3 largecarrots, cut into chunks
1 mediumonion cut into chunks.
2pieces of chicken with bone and skin on. (i used a thigh and a breast}
·salt and pepper to taste veg's and make a chicken salad out of chicken meat.
·note: you can use a whole chicken with added
How to Make The Best Home Made Chichen Stock
- Cut the roots off the end of the celery bulb and cut the celery into chunks.
- Cut the carrots into chunks along with a onion.
- Place all into an 8 qt. stock pot and place enough water to at least three inches from the top of the pan and add the chicken.
- Place on Med-high heat and cook until a hard boil and place a lid on pan, then turn heat down to a soft boill and simmer as directed above. (about an hour and a half)
- Remove from heat and strain into two large pans using cheese cloth to catch the vegetables.
- Let pans cool. Measure 2 cups of broth into containers for the freezer.
- When frozen hard, remove from container and place in a seal tight bag, mark it (2 cups chicken broth) and place it back into your freezer. Keeps for months.
- NOTE: I have a Food Saver I use all the time and this stock can stay in your freezer for a year. I know because I forgot some in the back of the freezer and when I used it; it tasted like I just made it. Food
Saver well worth your money.