Sweet Potato Soup
This has a sweet,tangy, savory flavor.
Its a creamy soup - without the milk or cream!
2baked sweet potatoes ( or microwaved)
2 Tbsponion - chopped
1 Tbspolive oil
1carrot - sliced
2 tspcurry powder
1 can(s)15 oz. chicken broth (or homemade)
1 pinchcayenne pepper
3/4 to 1 corange juice (fresh, frozen, etc...)
Optionalplain yogurt and/or croutons, green onions (optional topping)
How to Make Sweet Potato Soup
- SORRY NO PHOTO - Should have taken one when I made this last week.
In saute pan, or 2qrt or larger pot - cook onion and carrots in olive oil, until softened, but not brown.
- Add curry powder - cook another minute.
- Add the can of chicken broth and cayenne pepper - bring to boil. reduce heat - cook 5 minutes.
- Add the orange juice - and Scoop out potatoes from skins and mash slightly.add to pot. (If you have left-over baked sweet potatoes that is great.)
- Use an immersion blender or a blender to puree to desired consistency. Season to taste, if you need salt/pepper.
Optional: Serve and top each bowl with yogurt and/or croutons - green onions.