Spinach and Artichoke Soup
One night, I was craving spinach and artichoke dip, but didn't have any cream cheese in the house and my husband was begging for something a bit more filling and substantial than dip.
A lightbulb came on and I whipped up a soup version of my favorite dip. I make mine in the crockpot (we are deeply in love, my crockpot and I), but cooking it on the stovetop is just as do-able.
★★★★☆ 1 vote4
- 1 lb
- chicken, boneless and skinless
- 4 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup (small cans)
- 2 can(s)
- artichoke hearts, drained
- 10 oz
- spinach, frozen
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 2 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 c
- whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 tsp
- each: parsley, pepper, red pepper flakes, paprika
How to Make Spinach and Artichoke Soup
- 1Cut up the chicken into small pieces, cook in a little oil in a frying pan with the onions and garlic. Transfer to a pot and add the spinach, artichoke hearts (cut into smaller chunks), cream of chicken, seasonings and 1/2 cup of the milk. I didn't drain the spinach, and just used the liquid from that instead of adding water.
- 2Simmer for about 10 minutes until heated through.
- 3Add the cheese and the rest of the milk. Stir slowly and simmer until cheese is melted and fully incorporated in the soup. Serve with crusty, toasted bread.
- 4Note: I use homemade cream of chicken soup, so the liquid amounts differ. Just add milk/cream/water to reach your desired consistency.