Spicy Chicken Soup
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This soup is one of the best soups I have ever eaten. There, I said it. In fact, everyone in my family loves this recipe. My 8-year-old grandson liked it so much the first he had it that he asked to take it for lunch the next day! The spice in it is just perfect - not too hot. The Test Kitchen
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
·olive oil, extra virgin
·salt and pepper to taste
2 conion, diced
1 ccelery, chopped
2 ccarrots, chopped
4garlic cloves, chopped
2 1/2 qtchicken stock
1 can(s)tomatoes, 28 ounces, with liquid, cut up
4jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped
1 tspcumin, ground
1/2 ccilantro, fresh and chopped
How to Make Spicy Chicken Soup
- Place chicken breasts on sheet pan. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 45 minutes.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle shred and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a dutch oven. Add onions, celery and carrots and cook over medium heat until the onions start to brown.
- Add garlic, chicken stock and tomatoes, jalapenos, cumin, coriander and cilantro. Let soup simmer for about 30 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and season to taste.
- Garnish with slices of avocado, sour cream and grated cheddar cheese.