ROASTED CHICKEN STOCK
I like to make it to use during the holidays. It,s also good to have for a midnight snack or when ever you want a good treat. Oh yes it's good to freeze. Oh by the way Helen was my Mother. T his recipe is for Eddie's cook book TIME after TIME.
1whole chicken, roasted and de-boned
3 qtcold water
1onion cut in half
4carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/4 cparsley flakes
10 sprig(s)fresh thyme
5celery tops, and leaves from inside of stalk
How to Make ROASTED CHICKEN STOCK
- Place the cooked and de-boned chicken in a large stockpot with the water.
- Bring pot to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer 1 hour
- Meanwhile, place onion,carrot, and garlic cloves on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 1 hour
- Add roasted vegetables to stock, then add parsley, thyme, celery, and bay leaves.
- Simmer stock 1 more hour then cool and strain.
- Use for soups and sauces.