ROASTED CHICKEN STOCK
I like to make it to use during the holidays. It,s also good to have for a midnight snack or when ever you want a good treat. Oh yes it's good to freeze. Oh by the way Helen was my Mother. T his recipe is for Eddie's cook book TIME after TIME.
- whole chicken, roasted and de-boned
- 3 qt
- cold water
- onion cut in half
- carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- cloves garlic
- 1/4 c
- parsley flakes
- 10 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme
- celery tops, and leaves from inside of stalk
- bay leaves
How to Make ROASTED CHICKEN STOCK
- 1Place the cooked and de-boned chicken in a large stockpot with the water.
- 2Bring pot to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer 1 hour
- 3Meanwhile, place onion,carrot, and garlic cloves on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 4Roast at 400 degrees for 1 hour
- 5Add roasted vegetables to stock, then add parsley, thyme, celery, and bay leaves.
- 6Simmer stock 1 more hour then cool and strain.
- 7Use for soups and sauces.