Gluten Free Quick & Healthy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 c
- (32 ounce) carton fat-free lower sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil,light
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1/2 c
- chopped celery
- 1 medium
- carrot, chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- each of salt and pepper
- 6 oz
- gluten free twisted rotini
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cooked skinless chicken breast (rotisserie cooked or leftover baked)
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make Gluten Free Quick & Healthy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1Combine 2 cups water with chicken broth in a mocrowave safe dish and microwave at high 5 minutes.
- 2While broth mixture heats, heat a large sauce pan over medium high heat,add oil to pan and swirl to coat.
- 3Add onion, celery, carrot,salt and pepper and saute 3 minutes or until almost tender.
- 4Remove broth from microwave and add it to the pot along with the pasta and bring to a boil.
- 5Cook 7 minutes or until pasta is almost al dente (firm,not soft)
- 6Stir in chicken and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated and stir in parsley.
- 7Remove from stove an serve hot in individual bowls.