My Chicken 'Sabbath' Soup
I actually make it a little different each time, depending on what I have on hand, so it's a very versatile recipe!
- leftover chicken from a small roasting chicken that was made for a previous dinner.
- enough water to cover bones/meat in pot
- 2 stick
- celery, chopped
- 1/4 large
- onion, chopped
- bag frozen peas & carrots (or use whatever veggies you choose)
- 1 can(s)
- whole kernel corn
- 1/2 can(s)
- sliced mushrooms, chopped
- plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken bouillon powder
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- 1 box
- rice-a-roni long grain & wild rice, plus seasoning packet (or you can just add egg noodles)
How to Make My Chicken 'Sabbath' Soup
- 1Slowly simmer bones/meat of chicken in water.
- 2With a large slotted spoon, remove all bones. Let cool & remove meat pieces from carcass.
- 3Add all chicken meat pieces and remainder of ingredients, including contents of Rice-a-Roni box, back into pot.
- 4Simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.