Homemade Chicken Noodle Veggie Soup
- 6 qt
- chicken thighs (6 if they're small)with skin on
- 2 tsp
- chicken base
- 3 c
- frozen mixed vegetables
- head of cabbage, cut into large pieces
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- tomato paste (heaping)
- 3 c
- uncooked kluski noodles
- 2 pinch
- parsley flakes
How to Make Homemade Chicken Noodle Veggie Soup
- 1In a Dutch oven or 8qt. pan, bring water to a boil and add the chicken thighs. Leave the skin on, as it adds lot's of flavor. Cook until the thighs are done. Remove them from water and place in a large bowl to cool. Remove skin while they are hot and discard. You can pull the meat apart to help with the cooling also. Use a fork so you don't get burnt.
- 2Add all other ingredients except the noodles and also salt and pepper to taste at this time. When the meat has cooled, pull it apart and add it back to the pot. There should be juices too in the bottom (reason for the bowl), add that also.
- 3Now you can add the noodles, cook until they're done, serve and enjoy!!!