★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large
- yellow onion
- celery stalk
- 2 lb
- baby carrots
- 2 medium
- 1 pkg
- extra wide egg noodles
- chicken flavored soup base
- basil and garlic seasoning
How to Make Homemade chicken noodle soup
- 1Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Cut end off celery and cut 1/2 inch pieces thru whole plant.(Keep all of it.)Chop carrots in half.Dice onion.
peel and cut potatoes into small bites.Throw all into large soup pot.Fill with water to 2-3 inches over top of food.Boil til vegetables are tender crisp.Add seasonings to taste.Cook another 10 minutes.
- 2While stock and chicken are cooking,cook noodles til almost done.When stock is ready,turn off stove and add noodles.Put lidon and let it cool til edible.
- 3This is great with fresh baked buttered biscuits.(Some may call them dinner rolls.)