George's Chicken Vegetable Soup
We prefer dark chicken meat, but you can just as easily make this with chicken breasts.
- chicken thighs with bones and skin
- 5 Tbsp
- low sodium chicken soup base
- 2 c
- shredded cabbage
- carrots, peeled and sliced
- potatoes, peeled and cut in bite size chunks
- large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 15 oz. can(s)
- diced tomatoes, drained (you may also use undrained tomatoes, if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp
- tyme, dried
- 1/2 tsp
- basil, dried
- 1/4 tsp
- each, salt & pepper
How to Make George's Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 1Simmer chicken in a medium to large pot of water to which you have added 5 TBSP chicken soup base.
- 2When chicken is done, remove from pot. Remove skin and bones and discard. Chop chicken into bite size pieces and return to pot.
- 3Add prepared vegetables and all seasonings to pot. If necessary, add more water so vegetables are covered. Simmer 20-30 minutes until tender. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.