CREAMY ZUCCHINI-SPINACH SOUP (HEALTHY!)
Easily adaptable as vegetarian-just use vegetable stock!
Recipe and picture from Mels Kitchen Cafe
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 large clove
- 1 large
- leek-sliced in half lengthwise, then sliced across the grain thinly. rinse very well to remove sand/grit.
- 2 medium
- zucchini chopped =4 cups
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 2 c
- chicken broth(or vegetable broth)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- fresh basil
- 2-3 c
- fresh baby spinach chopped
- 1-2 c
- (optional) cooked cubed chicken - rotissere or other
How to Make CREAMY ZUCCHINI-SPINACH SOUP (HEALTHY!)
- 1In a saucepan, heat olive oil over mediun high heat. Add the garlic, leeks and zucchini.
Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the veggies and cook, stirring often until leeks are somewhat translucent(3-5 min).
- 2Add 1 cup of the broth, cover and cook over medium heat until all veggies are very soft(10 min).
- 3Transfer the mixture to a blender or use a stick blender and add the basil.
Carefully blend until smooth.
Pour the soup back into the pot.
- 4Stir in the remaining 1 cup of chicken broth.
Stir in the chopped spinach and cooked chicken.
Bring back to a simmer for 1-2 minutes.
It's ready to serve!