Creamy Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 qt
- chicken broth
- 1/2-1 lb
- chicken , cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 c
- cubed butternut squash
- 1 c
- sliced celery
- 1/2 c
- chopped sweet peppers(red, green, yellow, or combo)
- 1/2 tsp
- roasted chicken seasoning blend(or 1/4t ea. garlic powder and onion powder and a pinch of sage)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c
- choppe spinach, kale or other green(optional-i tend to add greens to a lot of my soups, but it's just as good if you leave it out!)
- 2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- cream or half and half
How to Make Creamy Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- 1Combine broth, chicken, squash, celery, pepper, seasoning blend and salt and pepper to pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 30-45 min. until chicken and veggies are desired tenderness. Stir in greens, if using, and cook until just wilted down, a minute or two more. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Stir in butter and cream.
- 2*This is not a thick cream soup. If you prefer it thicker, you would have to add some flour or cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water at the end when you add the cream.
*This recipe also works well in the crockpot if you want a fix-it-and forget it meal, and in the pressure cooker if you need it in a hurry!