Cream of Cauliflower Soup
She brought soup to share with everyone at our work table and it was a huge hit!
This is one of my all time favorites and could almost eat the whole pot of soup myself!
It is absolutely delicious! :P
It's also family tested and approved!!!
How to Make Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- 1Steam 1 large head of cabbage (reserve liquid).
- 2In pan sauté 1 small onion and 3 stalks thin sliced celery in 1/4 cup of butter. (Can add 3 cloves of minced garlic to sauté, if you like)
- 3Stir in 1/4 cup of flour and cook for a minute till bubbly.
- 4Wisk in the 4 cups of chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- 5In blender: Puree 2/3 of cauliflower using water from steaming. Pour into soup with any remaining liquid. Make sure it's thick enough.
- 6Cut remaining 1/3 of cauliflower into small pieces and add to soup. Add 2 cups of half and half, but DO NOT BOIL!
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste, along with a sprinkling of nutmeg if you like. Enjoy! :D