Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 2 medium
- carrots, sliced about 1 cup
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced fine
- 1 lb
- chicken cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 medium
- bulb fennel, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 1/2 c
- 2-3 Tbsp
- chicken base
- 1 pkg
- spinach leaves (baby works better) fresh
- 2 bunch
- scallions (chopped), use the whole scallion from top to bottom
- 1 tsp
- basil leaves (i prefer fresh)
- 1 pkg
- frozen cheese filled tortellini
- 1 pkg
- parmesan cheese freshly grated
How to Make Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1In a pot of water put chicken in to cook. Boil till done. Around 20 minutes. Cool chicken slightly, pull off bones and chopped in good size pieces.
I have also cooked Chicken in different ways such as frying it, broil, or baking it. Point being mention do not overcook because it does get cooked with the soup also. I have also cut up the chicken from boneless and just added it in with the cooking vegetable before also. The main reason I don't is I don't like raw meat mixed with the other ingredients. It is the way the soup states to do though.
- 2In a separate pot add 3 cups water and chicken base. Bring to a boil.
- 3Chop carrots, garlic, chicken, and fennel. Add to boiling water. Drain beans and rinse under cold water. Pour in pot with boiling ingredients. Turn burner down to medium and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Chop scallions, and basil. Add both ingredients and tortellini to boiling pot. Increase heat to high cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer until tortellini is cooked and tender.
- 5Serve with shredded parmesan cheese on top.