32 ozbox of chicken broth
1poblano pepper, seared, seeded and peeled
·salt to taste
1 can(s)mexican tomatoes
·thinly sliced onion
2-3celery stalks (use leaves also), chopped
6-8okra pods, sliced
2yellow crookneck squash, thickly sliced
How to Make Chicken Stew
- Sear the poblano pepper until the skin blisters on all sides. Put it in a ziplock bag for 15 minutes. Then pull the stem along with most of the seeds out. Wipe away any remaining seeds and the skin with a paper towel. Chop the pepper into large pieces. (Note: I'll do this with several poblanos at once and then freeze them on parchment paper and store the frozen pieces in the freezer in an airtight ziplock bag until I need them for a recipe...easier that way)
- Put chicken legs, poblanos, broth, salt, mexican tomatoes, celery and onions into a small stew pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until the chicken legs are completely cooked and tender.
- Remove the chicken legs, debone and deskin them and return the chicken meat to the pot and continue simmering.
- twenty minutes before you want to serve this soup: salt and pepper (to taste) the sliced squash and okra and drop them into the simmering liquid. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve chicken soups with crusty bread and enjoy.