Chicken, Potato and Mushroom Soup
1 lbskin on, bone-in chicken thighs (2-3)
1/4 cchopped onion
8 ozsliced mushrooms (fresh)
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 cshredded carrot
2 tspchicken better than bouillon (or powdered bouillon)
1 largeyukon gold potato (no need to peel)
1 cheavy cream
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Chicken, Potato and Mushroom Soup
- Place thighs and water in soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover pan. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove thighs to a bowl to cool. Leave water in pan.
- Add onion, mushrooms, carrots, garlic and bouillon to pot. Simmer, covered and vegies are soft.
- Remove skin from thighs and discard. Remove meat from bones and chop. Discard bones.
- Cube potato into bite size pieces and add to pot. Cook 20 more minutes.
- Stir in cooked chicken and cream and bring back to heat. Season to taste.
- Serve with a crusty bread.