Chicken Corn Soup With Rivels
4 lbwhole chicken
5 smallpotatoes, peeled and cubed
3 can(s)white shoe peg corn
3hard boiled eggs
1/2 cchopped celery
1 3/4 cflour
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Corn Soup With Rivels
- Place chicken in dutch oven, cover with water, salt and pepper and cook until tender (I cook it until the legs come off easily)
- Remove chicken and allow to cool before removing the meat. Meanwhile, add cubed potatoes, celery, corn and boiled eggs to the broth. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the meat from the chicken and place in the broth and vegetables.
- In a small bowl mix the egg and 3/4 cup flour to make rivels. While the soup is boiling, gently rub the rivel mixture between your hands into the boiling soup. You want them to be small little bites of dumplings. This will also help to thicken the soup.
- Allow to simmer 15 minutes. Serve with crusty bread for dipping in the broth.