Chicken Corn Soup With Rivels
How to Make Chicken Corn Soup With Rivels
- 1Place chicken in dutch oven, cover with water, salt and pepper and cook until tender (I cook it until the legs come off easily)
- 2Remove chicken and allow to cool before removing the meat. Meanwhile, add cubed potatoes, celery, corn and boiled eggs to the broth. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- 3Remove the meat from the chicken and place in the broth and vegetables.
- 4In a small bowl mix the egg and 3/4 cup flour to make rivels. While the soup is boiling, gently rub the rivel mixture between your hands into the boiling soup. You want them to be small little bites of dumplings. This will also help to thicken the soup.
- 5Allow to simmer 15 minutes. Serve with crusty bread for dipping in the broth.