★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- chicken stock
- 8 oz
- cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 can(s)
- black beans
- 1 c
- fresh corn cut from two ears of corn
- 2 tsp
- annatto paste (available in the spanish foods section of the grocery store)
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1 tsp
- dried cilantro (or use 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz
- cheddar or monterey jack, shredded (optional)
How to Make Chicken, Corn and Black Bean Soup
- 1Heat stock, chicken, corn and dried herbs in a large saucepan. Simmer about 5 minutes until the corn is cooked and the dried herbs are soft (rehydrated).
- 2Season to taste with salt and pepper. If using fresh cilantro, add it just before serving.
- 3Optionally serve with grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese on top.