Chicken and cilantro soup
This soup takes classic Mexican flavors, to make one tasty soup!
The garlic, cilantro, green onions cumin and lime are so good together!
I forgot the lime this time, but a couple squirts of fresh lime juice is awesome!
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 large
- cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 bunch
- green onions, sliced, green parts reserved
- 1/4 bunch
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp
- ground white pepper
- 8 c
- chicken broth or water + buillon
- 1 small
- bag small shell pasta
How to Make Chicken and cilantro soup
- 1Dice the chicken, slice the garlic and green onions, set aside the green parts. Chop the cilantro and set aside with the green onion tops.
- 2Preheat Dutch oven over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, add olive oil and swirl the pan. Add chicken, white parts of onions, garlic, pepper and cumin. Cook until chicken is almost done, then add stock.
- 3Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, add pasta and cook until pasta is tender.
- 4Stir in cilantro and green onions and squeeze in lime juice to taste.