Chicken and bean soup-Connie's
Warm, filling and delicious, it hit the spot. "This is a winner" came from the one lonely diner. I think you can try different beans and see what develops. We like using two different kinda.
This is good with a crusty bread. Hope you enjoy:)
- chicken thighs and/or breasts, skinless, boneless and cooked
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 4 large
- carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1 can(s)
- pinto beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 can(s)
- navy beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 qt
- chicken stock, homemade is best. chicken broth will not produce the same flavor.
- 1/2 Tbsp
- thyme, dried
- salt and pepper top taste.
- be sure to taste after adding spices, a little at a thyme until it matches your taste.
- ribs of celery, chopped
How to Make Chicken and bean soup-Connie's
- 1Chop cooked chicken into mouth sized pieces.
(I stewed my chicken in water, onions with skins on, carrots and salt and pepper.)
- 2Chop onions, carrots and celery.
- 3Drain and rinse well beans.
(Next time, I'll try two different beans to see how that goes)
- 4Place chicken, onions, celery, carrots and beans in a large pot.
- 5Cover ingredients with chicken stock.
Liquid should go 3-4 inches over ingredients. Add more or less as desired. After all, it's soup.