Beer Gouda Soup
How to Make Beer Gouda Soup
- 1Melt 1 tsp butter in large sauce pan over medium heat, add sweet onion and cook until softened (4 minutes)
- 2Stir garlic into onion; cook and stir until garlic is fragrant (about a minute)
- 3Pour beer into pan, bring to simmer and cook until onion is tender (10 minutes)
- 4Stir chicken broth into beer mix, boil. Stream milk into saucepan while stirring to form base of soup.
- 5Heat 14 cup butter in microwave until melted (30-60 seconds)
- 6Stir flour into butter until mix binds into roux, pour into soup.
- 7Cook and stir soup until it begins to simmer and thicken. (7-10 minutes)
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Melt Gouda cheese into soup, handfuls at a time stirring until liquid is smooth.
- 10Season with pepper. Garnish with chives and Mexican cheese and croutons (if desired.