Beer Gouda Soup
1sweet onion, minced
4 cchicken broth
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 bottlelight beer
pinchmexican blend shredded cheese
How to Make Beer Gouda Soup
- Melt 1 tsp butter in large sauce pan over medium heat, add sweet onion and cook until softened (4 minutes)
- Stir garlic into onion; cook and stir until garlic is fragrant (about a minute)
- Pour beer into pan, bring to simmer and cook until onion is tender (10 minutes)
- Stir chicken broth into beer mix, boil. Stream milk into saucepan while stirring to form base of soup.
- Heat 14 cup butter in microwave until melted (30-60 seconds)
- Stir flour into butter until mix binds into roux, pour into soup.
- Cook and stir soup until it begins to simmer and thicken. (7-10 minutes)
- Remove from heat.
- Melt Gouda cheese into soup, handfuls at a time stirring until liquid is smooth.
- Season with pepper. Garnish with chives and Mexican cheese and croutons (if desired.