BBQ Chicken-Mom's Soup
I almost called it "Everything but the kitchen sink soup" but I did a search and found there were other recipes with that name.
I learned from my mother to use-up what is available, and it turns out delicious too!
- pieces of bbq'd chicken, with bone in
- 5 c
- carrots, sliced
- 1 c
- cabbage, chopped
- medium summer squash, cut up
- rib of celery diced, or a small amount of leaves
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- tomato sauce,
- 1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 c
- medium size shell pasta, uncooked
How to Make BBQ Chicken-Mom's Soup
- 1Using a large soup pot, place BBQ'd chicken in it, and add five cups cold water. Bring to a boil, and add sliced vegetables, cover and lower the heat, cooking about thirty minutes.
- 2Remove the pieces of chicken and cut away the meat from the bones, and replace the meat into the pot.
- 3Add pasta and salt, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered about fifteen minutes more.
- 4Add the tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning, and if you wish sample and add salt/pepper to taste.
Other veggies I'd add in the future might include: zucchini and/or green beans.