Traditional Cabbage Soup
1/2 lbleftover roast beef, ground beef, or sausage
1 can(s)dark red kidney beans with liquid
1-2beef bouillon cubes
1 smallonion, cut in half and sliced
1 can(s)diced tomatoes
1 pkgshredded cole slaw mix or 4-5 cups roughly chopped cabbage
3-4 pinchseasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, mrs. dash, herbs du provence - your choice
How to Make Traditional Cabbage Soup
- Brown beef or sausage if necessary. Chop leftover roast.
- Place beef, beans, water, bouillon cubes, onion and tomatoes in soup kettle. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring.
- Stir in cabbage until well blended. Cover and simmer 1 hour until cabbage is well-cooked.
- Season as desired, about 10 minutes before serving.
- This can also be placed in a crock pot for 6-8 hours on low. Season 30 minutes before serving.
- Great served with whole grain bread and pasture butter or herb-flavored olive oil.