☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2-3 lbsoup bones with plenty of meat marbled with fat
8 - 10beef bouillon, cubes (more or less to taste)
2-3 Medium can(s)whole tomatoes in juice
1 Med can(s)tomato sauce
1 Sm can(s)tomato paste
1 bag(s)baby carrots
1 can(s)corn (or 1/2 bag frozen)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Super Easy Veggie Beef Soup
- Place soup bones in large to medium stock pot, fill 1/2 full of water. Dice onions into large chunks and add to water along with bullion cubes.
Cover loosely and simmer on medium heat for one hour.
- Remove bones from broth, pull any meat and fat from bones and throw bones, replace meat and fat in broth. At this point you will want to taste it to see if it has a full broth taste. If not, add more bullion cubes. BE CAREFUL WITH ADDING SALT as bullion is very salty. Allow to simmer on low heat to retain warmth.
- Clean and peel potatoes. Cut into fourths lengthwise, and then into 1/4 inch wide cubes. Cut baby carrots in half (Not along length!) You can use regular carrots, but they will need to be washed, peeled and cut into pieces roughly the same size as potatoes. Add potatoes and carrots to broth, stir in corn - if using canned corn, add the juice as well for extra flavor.
- Smash whole tomatoes between fingers, making smaller pieces over simmering broth until all cans have been added. Pour in juice.
Allow to simmer over medium heat, stirring often, for two hours. In final fifteen minutes, add tomato paste to slightly thicken.
- This recipe will make a lot of soup, it freezes very well. If preparing to freeze, cook until veggies are ALMOST done. This will prevent them from getting mushy when rewarming.
You can also add in a little bit of instant barley if you like.
- This recipe can be made in a crock pot. Cut recipe to allow for the size of your crock pot and plan on increased cooking time. I suggest making the broth on the stove and finishing in the crock pot. Broth freezes really well for future batches as well.