Spicy Soup With Noodle and Beef
This is one of my husbands favorite soups. Try it see if you'll like it...bet you will.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·4 cups beef stock, good quality
·2⁄3 cup peanut oil
·1⁄3 cup noodles, rice vermicelli
·3 shallots, thinly sliced
·2 garlic cloves, crushed
·1 inch ginger, fresh, thinly sliced
·1 cup beef steak, thin strips
·2 tablespoons curry paste, green
·2 tablespoons soya sauce, thai if you can find it
·1 tablespoon fish sauce
·1 teaspoon lime juice, fresh
·1 teaspoon sugar, brown (optional)
·4 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped, garnish
How to Make Spicy Soup With Noodle and Beef
- Add the stock to a large pot and bring to a rapid boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- Heat the oil in a large skilled and add a third of the noodles and cook until they puff up. Doesn't take very long, watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Remove the noodles from the skillet, drain on paper towels and set aside until needed.
- Keep only 2 tbsp of oil and add the shallots, garlic and ginger and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Next add the beef and curry and fry for 4 minutes, until tender.
- Now add the beef, the uncooked noodles, soya sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and cilantro to the pot of stock and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the fried rice noodles.