Spicy Soup With Noodle and Beef
This is one of my husbands favorite soups. Try it see if you'll like it...bet you will.
- 4 cups beef stock, good quality
- 2⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄3 cup noodles, rice vermicelli
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch ginger, fresh, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef steak, thin strips
- 2 tablespoons curry paste, green
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce, thai if you can find it
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon sugar, brown (optional)
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped, garnish
How to Make Spicy Soup With Noodle and Beef
- 1Add the stock to a large pot and bring to a rapid boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skilled and add a third of the noodles and cook until they puff up. Doesn't take very long, watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- 3Remove the noodles from the skillet, drain on paper towels and set aside until needed.
- 4Keep only 2 tbsp of oil and add the shallots, garlic and ginger and stir fry for 1 minute.
- 5Next add the beef and curry and fry for 4 minutes, until tender.
- 6Now add the beef, the uncooked noodles, soya sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and cilantro to the pot of stock and simmer 5 minutes.
- 7Serve garnished with the fried rice noodles.