Sadie's (That's Me!) Tortelini Meatball Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 medium
- onion, any type, chopped or sliced
- 3 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped or sliced
- 2 large
- chicken broth, low salt (i use the large containers from trader joe's)
- 1 can(s)
- large italian plum tomatoes, or any kind
- 1 or 2 bag(s)
- ready made meatballs, or homemade. may use beef, turkey, or vegetarian type.
- 1 pkg
- tortelini, any type. i use dried or refrigerated from trader joes
- 1/4 lb
- sliced mushrooms, any type
- 2 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Sadie's (That's Me!) Tortelini Meatball Soup
- 1In a dutch oven or large pot, add all above ingredients except meatballs and Tortelini, salt and pepper.
- 2Simmer on medium/low heat until celery is medium soft. If using whole tomatoes you may want to crush them down while the soup simmers.
- 3When celery is medium soft (about 20 minutes) add meatballs and tortelini to soup. Simmer until tortelini is done, about 10 minutes.
- 4Salt and pepper to taste.
If you like a stronger chicken broth flavor, use boullion cubes or a flavor booster, it's all a matter of taste.
If using homemade meatballs, cook them before adding to soup (This will increase your prep time somewhat, or make ahead of time)