★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- potatoes, peeled and cut up
- 2-4 c
- milk (depends on how much you want to make)
- onions, chopped (or onion powder)
- 2-3 c
- uncooked macaroni
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Poor Man's Soup
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the beef and drain the excess fat.
- 2Bring the potatoes to a boil then reduce heat and cook till tender. Pour off half the water.
- 3Add the browned beef, milk, onion (powder) and macaroni. Simmer till the macaroni is cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.