Marcy's Vegetable Beef soup
- large 4 lb
- beef chuck roast,make sure there is plenty of fat on roast
- 6 large
- 5 large
- 1 large
- 3 medium
- stalks of celery plus leaves
- 1 c
- v-8 juice
- 1 can(s)
- peas and juice
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
How to Make Marcy's Vegetable Beef soup
- 1wash roast and put into large kettle, you may cut into smaller pieces if you wish. Make sure that the roast has enough fat on it to flavor broth.Cover with water, add v-8 juice, the juice of the peas and let cook on med to high heat until roast is starting to fall apart.While roast is cooking you can start to cut meat into smaller pieces with your spoon.
- 2When roast is almost ready to fall apart,add the potatoes carrots, and celery, cut into bite size pieces.Add 1 stick of butter. Save peas for just before soup is done. If desired you may take out the fatty portions of the meat at this time.
- 3While roast is cooking make sure to add water to keep broth from cooking away. At the very last add the can of peas, turn off heat let set for 15 minutes and serve. Enjoy, very good with crackers. I use club crackers. Also good with grilled cheese.