HOMEMADE PEAS AND BARLEY SOUP MIX
- 14 oz. package dry green split peas
- 12 oz. package pearl barley
- 14 oz. package alphabet macaroni or other small pasta
- 12 oz. package lentils
- 1 1/2
- cups brown rice
- cups dried minced onion
How to Make HOMEMADE PEAS AND BARLEY SOUP MIX
- 1Combine all ingredients. Keep in airtight container. If a gift, remember to include the recipe. If it is for your own use, store in a cool place until used.
- 2HOW TO MAKE THE PEAS AND BARLEY SOUP:
6 cups of water
1 1/3 cup of soup mix
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
2 carrots sliced
1 to 2 stalks celery, chopped
1 1/2 cups cabbage, shredded
2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 24 oz. can vegetable juice (V-8)
1 pound ground beef or leftover meat, cooked.
- 3Put water in a large kettle. Add soup mix and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Add carrots, celery, caggage, tomato sauce, and vegetable juice. Add cooked meat. Simmer 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked. Makes 6 to 8 servings.