FRENCH BEEF BARLEY SOUP
- 1/4 lb
- extra-lean ground beef
- 2 medium
- sweet onions, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 can(s)
- (14.5 oz. ea.) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp
- bay leaf
- 1/3 c
- uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 2 slice
- bread, toasted, quartered
- 4 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make FRENCH BEEF BARLEY SOUP
- 1In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, brown the ground beef. Remove beef from pan; drain and set aside.
- 2Add the onions to the Dutch oven. Cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add the browned beef, broth, pepper, and bay leaf; mix well. Bring to a boil. Add barley. Reduce heat; simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until barley is tender.
- 4To serve, remove and discard bay leaf. Ladle soup into 4 individual soup bowls. Top each with 2 toast quarters and 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese.