CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE SOUP
- bay leaf
- 2 lb
- corned beef
- 7 c
- beef flavored bouillon cube
- onion coarsley chopped
- garlic cloves sliced thin
- pepper corns
- whole cloves
- new potatoes unpeeled and quarted
- carrots juienned
- 6 c
- very coarsley chopped cabbage
How to Make CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE SOUP
- 1In a 5 quart dutch oven, combine corned beef and water.
- 2Bring to a boil
- 3Reduce heat cover and simmer 15 minutes
- 4Skim off any scum that rises to the surface.
- 5Add bouillon cube, onion, and garlic. In a garni bag add peppercorns, cloves and bay leaf
- 6Simmer covered an additional 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- 7Remove meat from stock.
- 8Skim fat from stock.
- 9Cut meat into bite size pieces return to stock.
- 10Stir in carrots and potatoes.
- 11Bring to a boil.
- 12Reduce heat cover and simmer 15 minutes more.
- 13Stir in cabbage. Simmer covered an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender
- 14Remove garni bag with pepper corns, cloves and bay leaf discard.