Colorful Soup Mix in a Jar
1cube beef bouillon
1/4 cdried minced onion
1/2 cdried split peas
1/2 cuncooked twist macaroni
1/2 cdry lentils
1/3 clong-grain white rice
1 cuncooked tri-color spiral pasta
How to Make Colorful Soup Mix in a Jar
- Use a canning funnel or any funnel that has about a 2-inch neck. This will make it easier to fill the jars with the ingredients. Be sure to use a wide-mouth, 1-quart canning jar
- Layer ingredients in the order given: bouillon, onion flakes, split peas, small shape pasta, barley, lentils, rice, and enough tricolor spiral pasta to fill jar.
- Attach tag with cooking instructions:
- In large kettle, brown 1 pound ground beef or stew beef cut into bite-size pieces in a little olive oil. Remove tricolor pasta from top of jar and reserve. Add the rest of the jar contents to the kettle with 12 cups water. Let come to a boil and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add tricolor pasta and simmer 15 minutes more.
Serve with your favorite bread or rolls and a tossed salad.