Spinach and White Bean Soup
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1-9 oz bag(s)
- fresh spinach, coarsely chopped (or 9oz box of frozen chopped spinach)
- 1-14 oz can(s)
- diced tomatoes
- 2-14 oz can(s)
- great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-14oz can(s)
- chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp
- prepared pesto
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- salt & coarse ground black perpper
- coarsely grated parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Spinach and White Bean Soup
- 1Heat small dutch oven over medium heat. Add olive oil, heat to shimmering. Add onion, saute till translucent. Add garlic, saute about 30 seconds. Add fresh spinach, saute till wilted.
Note: If using frozen spinach, thaw in microwave, then drain before adding.
- 2Mix in tomatoes with their juice, drained beans, broth, pesto and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a slow simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- 3Serve immediately. Garnish with coarsely grated parmesan. Serve with crusty italian bread. This soup is even better the next day.