SPICY BEAN SOUP
Note: If you dont like hot, take out the chili powder and swap jalepeno to regular montery jack cheese. the recipe is still the bomb..
PointsPlus Value = 8
- 15 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can garboanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 oz package frozen lima beans
- 9 oz package frozen cut green beans
- 1 c
- chopped oions
- 4 tsp
- chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano, crushed
- 14 oz can beef broth
- 3/4 c
- 1 c
- monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
How to Make SPICY BEAN SOUP
- 1In a 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow coker combine cannedand frozen beans , onions chili powder, basil and oregano. Stir in beef broth andwatr.
- 2Cover; cook on low-hat setting for 8-9 hours of high setting for 4-4 1/2 hours. sTir in cheese until melted. Ladle into soup bowls .