Portabella and White Bean Cassoulet
- 6-8 oz
- portabella mushrooms chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 large
- cloves of garlic either roasted or chopped
- 2 c
- diced tomatoes or 14oz can
- 1 tsp
- thyme, dried
- 1 tsp
- rosemary, dried
- bay leaf
- 1 medium
- onion chopped
- 4 c
- or 2 14 oz cans of navy or great northern beans drained and rinsed
How to Make Portabella and White Bean Cassoulet
- 1Heat a large non-stick skillet or pot over medium heat, and sauté the mushrooms for 1-2 minutes. When mushrooms begin to exude their juices, add the garlic and continue to cook, stirring, for another minute. Do not allow the garlic to brown.
- 2Add tomatoes, thyme, basil, rosemary, and bay leaf. Stir and bring to a boil. Add onions and salt and pepper to taste. Return to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- 3Mix in the beans, and simmer over low to medium heat until beans are warmed through, about 5 minutes. Add water, if necessary, to keep ingredients moist. Adjust seasonings and serve.