Pasta e Fagioli Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 c1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
4 clove4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 can(s)14-1/2 ounce diced tomatoes
1 3/4 cchicken broth
2 tspdried oregano
1 tspgarlic powder
2 can(s)15-ounce cannellini beans, not drained
1/4 cchopped fresh parsley
1/2 lbditalini pasta
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Pasta e Fagioli Soup
- In a large sauce pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat; add the garlic and saute until golden. Add the tomatoes, broth, oregano, pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cannellini and parsley and continue cooking for 10 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized pot of boiling salted water, cook the ditalini until just barely tender; drain and add to the cannellini miniature.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, mix thoroughly, and serve.
Fagioli is the Italian word for "beans," that are used in this recipe. For a bit more flare, in place of Parmesan, shred some Asiago cheese over the soup. You'll enjoy its rich, nutty flavor