Olla Podriada (Spanish National Soup)
1/2 lbkidney beans, dry
20 ozgarbanzos, with juice
2 lbonions, vidalia, peeled, medium dice
1/2 lbcelery, medium dice
4 clovegarlic, finely miced
1/2 tspsaffron. finely crushed
2 galchicken stock
1 1/2 lbchorizo (mexican sausage, mild or medium
12 ozchicken, cooked medium dice
1 lbham, cooked, medium dice
How to Make Olla Podriada (Spanish National Soup)
- I like to sock the kidney beans over night then cook them for approximately 2 hours. reserve.
The other way I love is to use a clay pot Saute vegies then combined cook for the 2 hours in a 350F oven.
- Saute Onions, selery and garlic in oil in a large soup pot.
- Add Rice and saffron. Saute approximately 5 minutes
- Add chicken stock and simmer until rice is cooked
- Remove outside casing. Cut or dice sauge lenthwise into 4 equal pieces. Slice 1/4 in think. Add to soup.
- Note: Chorizos sausage shoulkd be used it available otherwise use Hot Italian sausage.