★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 can(s)
- black eyed peas with jalapenos
- 1 c
- white or brown rice
- 1 can(s)
- diced mexican tomatoes
- 1/2 can(s)
- diced green chilis or 3/4 cup diced fresh green chilis
- 4 Tbsp
- onion powder or 3/4 cup diced onions
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder or one clove diced garlic
- 3 - 4 c
- 2 c
- vegetable or chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make New Year's Black-Eyed Pea and Pepper Rice Soup
- 1Put all of the ingredients in a crock pot or large sauce pan and stir well!
- 2When the rice is done the soup is done!
- 3Adjust the water for thinner or thicker soup.
Add fresh jalapenos if you would like. You can also increase the chopped chilies to your taste. I used "minute" rice, but you can use regular as well and add more if you want a heartier soup. I served mine with diced avocados and grated cheese on top. I am sure ground beef in this would be good too.