Lolly's Spanish Bean Soup
This recipe is my version of the soup. Please enjoy.
2 can(s)garbanzo beans aka chick peas (drained & rinsed)
2 largewhite potatoes (peeled & chopped)
1 largeyellow or white onion (peeled & chopped)
1/2 lb sliceyour favorite cooked ham (chopped)
1 pkg5.5 oz dry spanish dry chorizos (sliced thin)
2 largecloves of fresh garlic (minced)
1 pkgspanish seasoning (vigo's spanish flavoring)
4 tsptone's chicken base or chicken broth to equal liquid
How to Make Lolly's Spanish Bean Soup
- You will need a large Saute Pan with Lid.
- Coat pan with Olive Oil, about 2 Tablespoons.
- Add chopped potatoes, chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute till soft.
- Add drained and rinsed beans, chopped ham, sliced chorizos, chicken broth and spanish seasoning.
- Cover and Simmer all together for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let it rest for the flavors to blend. You will need NO salt if you use chicken base and spanish seasoning. I do add fresh ground Pepper Corn Medley before serving.
- This is best served with fresh Cuban Bread or French Bread if Cuban is not available.
SALUD and HAPPY DAYS.