- half medium
- white onion, chopped
- 3-4 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1 pkg
- dry beans, soaked over nite
- ham bone with some meat still attached
- 12-14 c
- cold water,enough to cover everything
How to Make Hubby's fave soup beans and ham
- 1Using a ham bone with meat left on from a meal I'll make soup beans with ham for the next night's dinner. so sunday's special ham dinner becomes mondays warm the belly easy dinner.
Adding sides of green onions, fresh cornbread and slices of tomato makes it a full meal
- 2I put everything but the meat in the crock pot the evening before, dry beans, onion, garlic and water. In the morning I'll turn it on low add the meat and possibly more water as needed to cover then walk away til dinner that evening.
- 3If you prefer and don't want to do the crock pot route, use canned or jarred beans with ice cold water, put your meat in with the onion, garlic and beans last since they are already cooked and cook til the meat starts to fall off the bone, usually only takes about an hr.