Creamy Ham and Beans
You can soak the beans over nite, I think it cooks up quicker that way.
This takes a good 1/2 a day to make from start to finish, but is an easy, economical bean recipe, compared to some.
1 galboiling water
2 lbgreat northern beans
2 largeonions, chopped
6 cham, chopped
2 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
8 ozvelveeta, cut into cubes
How to Make Creamy Ham and Beans
- Add beans to boiling water. Cook on high. Beans will soak up water, so keep the kettle going to add more water. Stir from time to time.
- Once the beans can be mashed with a fork, add the ham and onions, let cook at a slow boil until the beans, onions and ham are done.
- Reduce heat to medium, add soup and cheese cubes. Stir frequently while the soup and cheese are mixed into the beans.
- Ready to serve as soon as all the cheese is melted. Goes great with cornbread.
- Leftovers may be frozen.
- I always divide this recipe in 1/2.