Coyote Bob's Leftover Hambone Mega Soup
A very good, stick-to-your-ribs, soup for the winter nights like we have here in Northern Vermont.
The house smells heavenly while this is cooking.
- 1 lb
- bob's red mill 13 bean soup mix
- 3 qt
- left over ham bone
- onion, chopped
- carrots, sliced
- celery stalks, sliced
- 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 c
- egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp
- no sodium italian spice, such as spicely's
- 1 Tbsp
- salt substitute such as morton's
- pepper, to taste
How to Make Coyote Bob's Leftover Hambone Mega Soup
- 1The prior night, soak one (1) pound of mixed beans in water.
- 2In the morning, drain the beans through a sieve and put into a large stock pot
- 3Place left over ham bone, and three (3) quarts of good spring water into the stock pot with the beans. Bring to a boil.
- 4Set pot to actively simmer for two hours. Remove any scum that accumulates at the surface.
- 5While this is simmering, chop onion, celery, carrots. Mince garlic.
- 6After the two hours has elapsed, add the vegetables, garlic, can of diced tomatoes, Italian spice and salt substitute. Set timer for additional two (2) hours and simmer.
- 7After about an hour, add two (2) cups egg noodles
- 8After two (2)hours, discard the bone, leaving whatever meat that has fallen off in with the soup.