☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 can(s)
- cannellini (white kidney beans) rinsed and drained
- 1 can(s)
- stewed tomatoes with juice (14 1/2 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- onion, chopped
- 5 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- dry mustard
- 2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- unsulfured (light) molasses
How to Make Baked Bean Soup
- 1Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
- 3Add chili powder and mustard and stir 1 minute.
- 4Add water, beans, tomatoes with their juices and molasses.
- 5Simmer soup 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up large chunks of tomatoes with back of spoon.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Makes 2 generous servings; can be doubled If you prefer a thicker soup, remove one cup of the beans, mash them to a paste, then stir them back into the soup.
- 8Coleslaw and corn bread squares round out the menu; a simple baked apple could be the perfect finale.