☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 can(s)cannellini (white kidney beans) rinsed and drained
1 can(s)stewed tomatoes with juice (14 1/2 ounces)
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
5 tspchili powder
1/2 tspdry mustard
3 Tbspunsulfured (light) molasses
How to Make Baked Bean Soup
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add chili powder and mustard and stir 1 minute.
- Add water, beans, tomatoes with their juices and molasses.
- Simmer soup 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up large chunks of tomatoes with back of spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes 2 generous servings; can be doubled If you prefer a thicker soup, remove one cup of the beans, mash them to a paste, then stir them back into the soup.
- Coleslaw and corn bread squares round out the menu; a simple baked apple could be the perfect finale.