How to Make Caramel Corn
- In a large saucepan, melt margarine. Stir in brown sugar, syrup, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, measure popcorn, nuts and coconut into a large dish pan. (Note - Use a 4 cup plastic bowl to measure a quart of popcorn.)
- Remove caramel from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla until frothy.
- Gradually pour caramel mix over popcorn mix, stirring well to coat.
- Turn into two large shallow baking pans that have been sprayed with PAM.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool completely. Break apart and store in a tightly covered container.