soft Microwave caramels
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cbrown sugar (packed)
1/2 clight karo syrup
2/3 csweetened condensed milk
1/2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make soft Microwave caramels
- Use a 8x8" square dish. Turn dish upside down. Take a piece of tinfoil, and shape it around the dish. Turn dish right side up. Place the molded piece of tinfoil in the dish and butter generously. Set aside
- in a medium sized, microwave safe, bowl. Add the butter, brown sugar and the Karo syrup. Stir well. Place in microwave and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove, stir and place back into the microwave for another 2 minutes on high.
- Remove and stir in the sweetened condensed milk. Stir well. Microwave 3 1/2 minutes on high.
- Remove from microwave, being very careful because it's really, really hot. Use hot pads! Add the vanilla and stir until combined. Being very careful pour the hot contents into the tinfoil and butter lined dish.
- Let this set until the caramel hardens, about 3-4 hours. Afterwards, remove the tinfoil. Cut into 1" pieces with a buttered knife on a lightly buttered board. Wrap each piece singularly in 2x2" torn pieces of waxed paper. Twist the ends a few times and voila...soft yummy caramels. These can be dipped in chocolate. Just put the unwrapped cut caramels in the freezer for 30 mins before dipping