Refrigerator Pickled Onions
1 lbred onions, sliced
·apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 Tbspsugar
1 1/2 Tbspkosher or pickling salt
1 tspwhole mustard seed
1 tspcrushed red pepper (leave out if you want)
1 tspwhole coriander seeds
1 tspwhole black peppercorns
2 clovegarlic lightly crushed
How to Make Refrigerator Pickled Onions
- Pack sliced onion into a one quart jar. Usually takes about 1 large red onion.
- Fill the jar with water to cover the onions then pour the water into a measuring cup.
- Note the amount then pour off 1/2 the water.
- Add vinegar to the water to bring it back to the original measure.
- Place the liquid in a saucepan and add the spices and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour over the onions in the jar. If you are a little short of covering the onions you can add a little water.
- Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator. Keeps up to a month, if they don't disappear first!