Refrigerator Bread and Butter Pickles
2 lbpickling cucumbers, sliced
1 capple cider vinegar
1 1/2 csugar
1 Tbspkosher salt
1/2 tspwhole mustard seeds
1/2 tspcelery seeds
1/2 tsppickling spice
How to Make Refrigerator Bread and Butter Pickles
- Pack the onion and cucumber slices into 2, one quart jars. It'll probably take between 1 1/2 and 2 pounds of cucumbers. Be sure to pack them, not just loosely place them in the jars.
- Note: I usually do one jar per the recipe and add 1/2 of a sliced jalapeno pepper to the other to satisfy the heat lovers here
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a non-reactive pan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour over the cucumbers dividing between the two jars. Be sure the cucumbers are covered, if you need to top it off with a little water it's OK.
- Store in the refrigerator. It's best if you wait a week, if you can, before eating. Will keep up to 2 months.
- Note: while waiting for them to cure I usually shake them occasionally