How to Make Monster Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350
In your mixer, place the softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar, peanut butter, eggs, vanilla and baking soda. I prefer to use crunchy peanut butter.
- Mix together until creamy.
- Add the oatmeal, chocolate chips and M & M’s and stir by hand until well blended.
- Spread into a greased 10×15-inch pan. You can use a 9×13 pan for a bigger bar but my personal preference is the 10×15 “brownie” pan. It gives the bars a cookie-crisp edge and they bake quickly
- The recipe states to bake 14 minutes. I checked mine after 14 minutes and decided to leave them in another 4 minutes so I would recommend 18 minutes. They should be golden brown around the edges and the center should just be starting to turn light brown.
- Let bars cool before cutting. They are very soft and moist so they will cut better if they have had a chance to firm up.
Note: There is no flour in this recipe.
- These are just like the original Monster Cookies, but much faster and easier.