☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cdates or raisins
1 cvegetable shortening
1 1/3 csugar
2 cflour- can be whole wheat
1 1/4 tspcinnamon
2 cquick oats
6 Tbspdate or raisin liquid
3/4 coptional nuts, chopped
How to Make Haynes' Cookies
- In a small saucepan boil dates and or raisins covered for 5 minutes. Turn off, let set to cool, Drain and reserve juice. If using Raisins, I use golden. Dates are best. Need 6 T. of juice.
- cream shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and beat.
- Sift dry ingredients and mix with oats.
- Add to shortening, sugar mix and alternate with 6 T. of the liquid.
- Add fruit. Drop by Tablespoon full onto cookie sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake 400o for 10 to 12 minutes. Do NOT bake too long as it will dry them out. ( they are quick oats and will be moist).
- Option: with Golden raisins I sometimes use Orange juice for the juice and reduce the sugar by 1/4 c. Can add 3/4 c.of your favorite nuts.