It's such a hit that my kids ask for it over any other cookie. Hope you enjoy them!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 to 1 cpeanut butter (optional)
1 coatmeal, uncooked
2 to 3 cpuffed rice cereal
1 Tbspbutter or margarine
1/4 ccorn syrup, light (optional)
1/2 choney (optional)
1/4 cbrown sugar
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1/2 cdried fruit (optional)
1/2 cnuts (optional)
1/2 cchips (butterscotch, chocolate, white chocolate)- optional
How to Make Granola Balls
- Add in the brown sugar, corn syrup/honey and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- add in the oats and mix. Add in peanut butter and mix.
- Shut heat off and mix in puffed rice cereal.
- Mix in all your other optional ingredients you want. I do a medley of protein granola, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, caramel bits, toffee bits, variety of nuts and dried fruits.
*** note*** You can alter this to go any direction you like. For instance, omit the peanut butter, add in a teaspoonful of cinnamon and some raisins and you have a oatmeal raisin balls. Be creative!
- Once you are all mixed up, pour it on a sheet pan. It should be warm and you are able to form golf ball size Granola balls or press flat to cut into bars later. Don't worry it won't stick to your hands. But if you want you can use a rolling pin to flatten it out further.
You should end up with a average of 40 granola balls. If you don't continuously sample when making them.